Welcome to LaQuinta Inn & Suites - Tyler, Texas
Just ten miles from the Tyler Pounds Regional Airport, the La Quinta Inn and Suites Tyler - University Area, is located on easily accessible Loop 323, and is less than two miles from the University of Texas at Tyler and the UT Tyler Cowan Center.
Tyler became an official city in 1846 at the inception of Smith County. Tyler, TX is named after John Tyler, the 10th President of the United States; who supported the annexation of Texas to the United States. Tyler is located near the geographic center of the county. In 1847, the town layout began with the purchase of a hundred acres of land, and twenty-eight blocks of town site around a central square, which included a courthouse, that also served as the meeting hall and church. A Methodist church was established in 1846, followed by the First Baptist Church in 1848. Masonic lodge, Odd Fellows lodge, and the first newspaper were also formed at that time.
The rich soil of the surrounding area attracted many Old South planters to the area, which stimulated a population spurt and would be the origin of Tyler as the largest producer of rose bushes. Tyler is the home of the largest rose garden in America earning it the title, “Rose Capital of the World”. The Texas Rose Festival draws is tourists attraction that brings thousands to the area each year. The festival is further commemorated with the Rose Museum. The East Texas State Fair is another annual event the Tyler locals look forward to every year .
Tyler has four hospitals including two billion dollar hospital systems. Tyler consists of two public high schools as well as several private schools; and is home to four local colleges and universities. It is surrounded by an extensive network of major highways making transportation very efficient for the Tyler area. Highways include highway 20, U.S. highway 69, highway 64, U.S. highway 271, state highway 31, highway 155, highway 110, loop 323, and loop 49.